10.20.2010

I Used to Have Free Time


Lately life has been a blur of work, networking, sleep, and unpacking. I have so much going on I don't have the time to do the things I need to (laundry, dishes, unpacking) let alone the things I want to do (crafts, more sleep, decorating, cooking.) I know things will slow down once I'm in a routine and not working so hard to meet people/get contacts for work. It will also be great once James is able to pick up half the chores as well. Oh well, soon enough. Could be worse and I could be sitting at home bored!

So I had lunch today with a really kick ass woman I met earlier this month at the art walk. It was great to meet someone I had a real connection with and the conversation was so easy. We made plans to intro the boys, so hopefully the couple thing works out :)

Anyways, during lunch I kept mentioning how I really miss the leaves changing and I brought up my trip a few years ago to SC to visit Amanda and Mike during my last fall break at Miami. The trip was amazing, seeing the leaves progressively change was amazing, and Amanda's hospitality is always amazing. Amanda always makes me want to step up my homemaking skills because my cooking seriously lacks compared to hers. Plus she loves to get creative in the kitchen and forces me to do things out of my comfort zone (ie microwavable dinners). So I thought I'd post a few photos of the fun we had in the kitchen and the time I wish I had to get crafty like this :)


Those are chocolate and caramel covered apples. The lumps are choc covered raisins I used as spiders on my spiderwebs.




1 comments:

Nick said...

The apples look delicious and totally gourmet!

Post a Comment