1.17.2011

Crafting ADD

I'm sure this is pretty normal for crafters... but I have crafting ADD.

It is bad.

I start making a craft...

                             ... almost finish...

... and then get bored and stop.

Vintage old book I half way turned into a journal. Still unfinished.

Or... 

realize I have one missing material and take three months to buy it.


Sometimes I even finish and get super pumped. I think...

"This is it. I have found my true medium and I will be come rich and famous making only this (or at least cover the cost of materials.)"

And then I never make it again (see my candle making supplies).

Etched glass candles I made for Sarah (before I put in the wax)


I'm like 90% sure my favorite part of crafting is the planning of the craft.

Dreaming of the decisions: blue or green? Pearl or bead?

And then I like sharing my craft.

Middle part? Kind of frustrating...

Unless wine is involved.
So right now I'm on a jewelry making kick.

But...


Have you seen this craft? I really wanna make it.



Family members and blog land readers (are you out there? Leave comments!)... please send toilet paper tubes!

Craft and image via Suzy's Sitcom

2 comments:

Suzy Myers said...

Thanks for the feature!! And if you have any questions when you are making your wall art, just ask!

As for UFO's (Unfinished objects), I have that issue too. That is why this year, my only resolution was to finish one UFO per month. And I had tons to choose from. You might want to come and join my UFO club. Sometimes it is easier to tackle projects together.

suzy
http://www.suzyssitcom.com

Liz4aker said...

Thanks for visiting! I'd love to join your UFO club. I have an almost finished mardi gras wreath and I just can't bring myself to actually fix it. And I know I need to.

Post a Comment